New York, here I come!
The bags are (mostly) packed, and in just a few short hours I’ll be jetting off on the red-eye, headed for the Romance Writers of America national conference in New York City!
Before I forget —
While in NYC, I’ll be passing out some beautiful postcards for A Night to Surrender, directing people to visit my website to read the first chapter. So… the first chapter is up now. 🙂 You can read it here.
Things I’m so excited for in the coming week (other than the chance to see all my fabulous and far-flung romance-minded friends, of course):
- Workshops! I’ll be on the “Quick Release Trilogy” panel with Stefanie Sloane, Monica McCarty, Zoe Archer, and Christy Reece.
- The literacy signing! Open to the public and featuring hundreds of fabulous authors in one place, this Tuesday night event is always a blast. Plus, it benefits local literacy organizations.
- The awards luncheon – can’t wait to see local colleague and friend SuperLibrarian Wendy Crutcher pick up her “Librarian of the Year” award.
- PARTY – I have some smaller celebrations planned with friends, and I’m particularly excited for the Avon party at the swank Central Park Boathouse.
- The RITAs and Golden Heart awards. It’s a huge thrill to be a RITA finalist for Twice Tempted by a Rogue, and I’m so excited that my good friend Leigh LaValle is up for a Golden Heart in the Regency category. Actually, I’ll be rooting for friends in several categories, so it should be an exciting night.
- Library heaven – I plan to spend at least one day researching in the beautiful NYPL main building. Can’t wait to pet the lions!
After all those high-heel occasions, I fully expect to come home with blistered feet. But it will all be worth it. 🙂 If you’ll be in NYC, I hope to see you there!
Can’t wait to see you Tessa! I’ll be sure to swing by your table at the Literacy Signing!