Tagged by Terri
Okay, I’ve been putting this off for a week or so now. I’m supposed to tell you eight interesting things about me. Huh. I feel like you all know my more interesting qualities – the stuff you don’t know is pretty boring, really. Or it’s something I’m just not gonna share. 🙂
But here goes:
- I don’t collect anything. I am vehemently anti-collecting. Once you tell one person you collect things with owls or pansies or whatnot, that is all you will ever receive for Christmas gifts, EVER. And then you must find places for all your owl-shaped salt-and-pepper shakers and pansy-emblazoned tea trays. Which brings me to a corollary…
- I abhor tchotchkes. Of all kinds. So far as I am concerned, their only function is to collect dust and look creepy.
- That all said, let it be known that my bookshelf is crowned with a Jane Austen action figure, and my baby was wearing his “Future Mr. Darcy” onesie today. Both gifts, of course. But I will always make an exception to points 1 and 2 (and probably 7 or 8 of the 10 commandments) for Darcy.
- But I like it when other people collect things, because I hate to shop and it makes my Christmas list quite easy – just gotta find those fuzzy aardvark slippers for Aunt Whatsit.
- Oh, and that reminds me – I have a deep and abiding adoration of Madeleine L’Engle. And Giotto. Which means I absolutely looooove this book.
- I rarely read books straight through from page 1 to page 384. If I pick up a book and read it all in order without any skipping around or skimming or cutting to the end, I know it’s a damn good book.
- When I think about readers doing that with my books, I want to cry.
- Uh… Uh… eight. Lemme see. Eight. When I was eight, it was 1984, and my best friend and I spent the whole summer imitating Mary Lou Retton, making homemade “Reagan-busters” campaign buttons, and avoiding my attic because it too closely resembled the one in Gremlins.
- You probably shouldn’t feed me after midnight.
And almost everyone I know has done this already, except for Ms. Another Aspiring Author, who is a fab writer, a FanLit alumna, and woefully under-read blogger, so everyone check out her link. If you haven’t done this, and want to – consider yourself tagged.