Here comes the Oscar speech….don’t say I didn’t warn you…
I’m so paranoid that I will leave someone out of this post. Please forgive me if it’s you! I didn’t mean to, I swear… I reserve the right to keep adding to the list. I have so many people to thank for helping me with this book. I think the only way to do this is sort of chronologically.
Thank you to:
- My parents, for always reading to me when I was little, and for listening to my own bizarre stories with a minimum of eye-rolling.
- My grandparents, for asking for several years now “when I’m going to write my book.” This probably isn’t the book they’d envisioned showing around the church potluck, but I guess we’ll deal with that in 2009.
- Mr. Dare, for teaching me the meaning of whirlwind romance and happily-ever-after love.
- The Darelings, for putting up with a highly distracted mother for the past year.
- Jane Austen, for being my inspiration and for writing the greatest h/h ever!
- Susan, Pamela, and Barbara, for supporting my dabblings in the realm of Jane Austen fanfic – which could technically be called my first attempts at Regency romance. Special thanks to Susan for her beta-reading prowess and for being such a warm, generous soul.
- Everyone I met through FanLit (and here there are too many to name!) – for keeping me perky postpartum and inspiring me and giving me the confidence to go forward.
- All the wonderful groups that