How to update your copy of Beauty and the Blacksmith
- Log into your Amazon account through a browser.
- ->Your Account
- ->Manage Content and Devices
- Find the book and check the box at left to select
- If “Update Available” appears to the right of the title, click it. If it doesn’t, you’ll have to delete the book from your list, then go back to the book page and “buy” the free version. (Either method will delete any highlights or notes you might have had in the original; sorry for that!)
- Sync the app or device
- If that still doesn’t work… First, please have a glass of your favorite beverage, some chocolate, and my apologies! Then, if you still have the will in you, please contact Amazon customer service. Some readers have reported that a quick online chat got it resolved.
- It should automatically update when you sync the app – hooray!
- It may have updated automatically when you open the book – hooray!
- If not, try this: “Unarchive” the book, then Download or “Archive” it again
Kobo and GooglePlay
To be honest, no one has verified these methods for me yet. If they don’t automatically update, I would suggest the delete/download again strategy, or download the free book through another means, such as the free Amazon app.
And if you can’t get anything to work … email me.
Note: Unfortunately, I can’t guarantee this will be free at every retailer in all locations. I really, really wish I could. My publisher offers it to various retailers and the sales teams in international territories – however, it is up to them whether they discount it or not. As the TV ads say, “Participation may vary.” Sorry for any inconvenience.