Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of eleven historical romance novels and four novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award and multiple RT Book Reviews Reviewer’s Choice Awards. Booklist magazine named her one of the “new stars of historical romance,” and her books have been contracted for translation in more than a dozen languages.
Mixing wit, sensuality, and emotion, Tessa writes Regency-set romance novels that feel relatable to modern readers. With her bestselling “Spindle Cove” series, she had great fun creating a fictional seaside community populated by women who defy the conventions of their time—engaging in such unladylike pursuits as medicine, geology, and artillery. And she had even more fun dreaming up the strong-willed, unsuspecting men who find their hearts ensnared by these unlikely heroines. The strong yet quirky heroines and sexy heroes continue in her all-new “Castles Ever After” series, launching in 2014.
A librarian by training and a booklover at heart, Tessa makes her home in Southern California, where she shares a cozy, cluttered bungalow with her husband, their two children, and a big brown dog.
Clicking on thumbnail will download the larger, high-resolution file.
Book Signings & Appearances
- April 12-13, 2014 - LA Times Festival of Books in Los Angeles, CA
- May 13-17, 2014 – RT Booklovers’ Convention in New Orleans, LA. Book Fair signing open to the public; May 17.
- July 23-26, 2014 – Romance Writers of America annual conference in Atlanta, GA. Readers for Life book signing open to the public: July 23.
- September 13, 2014 – speaking at Cypress Library, in Cypress, CA
- October 6-10, 2014 - “Writing Historical Romance for the Modern Reader”, Tessa is teaching a class for RWA University
- October 11, 2014 -What’s the 411? HarperCollins Publishers Panel and signing
- October 18, 2014 – Speaker at San Diego’s RWA local chapter meeting
- March 27-29, 2015 – California Dreamin Conference for writers
- April 11, 2015 – Literary Orange 2015, Event & book signing, open to the public w/registration.
- May 13-17, 2015 – 2015 RT Booklovers Convention in Dallas, TX. Book Fair signing open to the public; TBA.