Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of ten historical romance novels and four novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award and multiple RT Book Reviews Reviewer’s Choice Awards. Booklist magazine named her one of the “new stars of historical romance,” and her books have been contracted for translation in a dozen languages.
Mixing wit, sensuality, and emotion, Tessa writes Regency-set romance novels that feel relatable to modern readers. With her bestselling “Spindle Cove” series, she’s had great fun creating a fictional seaside community populated by women who defy the conventions of their time—engaging in such unladylike pursuits as medicine, geology, and artillery. And she’s had even more fun dreaming up the strong-willed, unsuspecting men who’ll find their hearts ensnared by these unlikely heroines.
A librarian by training and a booklover at heart, Tessa makes her home in Southern California, where she shares a cozy, cluttered bungalow with her husband, their two children, and a big brown dog.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out some of Tessa’s FAQ here.
Clicking on thumbnail will download the larger, high-resolution file.
Book Signings & Appearances
- June 4, 7 p.m., Schaumburg Township District Library (Schaumburg, Illinois) – with Eloisa James
- June 5, 7 p.m., Anderson’s Bookshop (Chicago) – with Eloisa James
- June 6, 7 p.m., Cuyahoga Library – with Eloisa James(North Olmsted, OH)
- June 7, 7 p.m., Books and Co., (Dayton) – with Gayle Callen
- June 21-23, 2013 – Featured author at Crested Butte Writers’ Conference in Crested Butte, CO
- July 17-20, 2013 – Romance Writers of America annual conference in Atlanta, GA. Readers for Life literacy signing open to the public: July 17, 5:30-7:30 PM